2-3 pre-made flatbreads (naan breads)
1-2 heirloom tomatoes (or any variety of tomato, whatever looks freshest!)
4-5 ounces fresh mozzarella sliced in ½ inch rounds
1/3 cup fresh chopped basil leaves
Extra virgin olive oil (for finishing drizzle)
4 tablespoons olive oil (for brushing on naan)
Salt and pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
4 cloves of garlic
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place naan breads on baking sheet and bake in oven for 5-10 minutes until lightly golden brown.
3. Remove naan breads from oven.
4. Press garlic cloves into small dish with 4 tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper.
5. Stir until combined.
6. Use basting brush to coat the top of each naan bread with oil mixture.
7. Slice tomatoes into ¼-1/2-inch thick rounds.
8. Place mozzarella rounds across each naan bread followed by slices of tomato.
9. Put the naan bread pizzas back in the oven until cheese melts.
10. Remove from oven and finish pizzas with drizzle of Balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and basil leaves.
11. Serve with Edna Valley Chardonnay.