- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pasta of choice
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 3/4 cup beans of your choice
- 1 cup canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 5 cups chicken stock
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2-3 cups finely sliced savoy cabbage
1. Add the olive oil, pasta, onion, carrots, beans, chopped tomatoes, bay leaves, thyme, chicken stock, salt, and black pepper. Stir together. Cook on high heat for 4-6 hours, or until the pasta is tender.
2. In the last hour of cook time, remove and discard the dried bay leaves, then add the cabbage. Adjust the seasoning to taste with salt and pepper—you will most likely need to be liberal on the salt for this soup. Serve.