- Serving Size: Serves 8
- 10 cups unseasoned dry bread cubes
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 9 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 large yellow onions, diced
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground sage
- 1 tablespoon ground thyme
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cream of chicken soup
- 3 1/2-4 cups pulled cooked turkey meat
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon of butter.
3. Melt the remaining butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add celery and onions to skillet and cook for 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Add parsley, sage and thyme. Stir a few times and remove from heat.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine cranberries, bread cubes and walnuts. Add contents of skillet to mixing bowl and mix to combine. Add chicken broth and cream of chicken soup to bowl and mix gently.
5. Spread stuffing mixture into buttered baking dish and use a spatula to spread the mixture evenly. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until top is lightly browned and bread has absorbed most of liquids. Set for 10 minutes before serving with Edna Valley Chardonnay for Thanksgiving!