- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-28 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1-15.5 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-15.5 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-15.5 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2.5 cups water
- 2 cups Ditalini pasta (2 cups when cooked)
- 2/3 cup freshly grated parmesan
1. Add olive oil to a large pot and heat the oil over medium heat.
2. Add the chopped onions and cook, stirring consistently, until translucent.
3. Add salt and pepper.
4. Add garlic and stir a few times.
5. Add rosemary and stir, turn the heat to medium-low.
6. Add the vegetable broth and water. Stir.
7. Add the diced tomatoes and stir.
8. Turn the heat back to medium heat and let the soup mixture come to a boil.
Add the pasta when the soup mixture begins to boil.
9. Cook the soup uncovered until pasta is al dente (usually a little under 10 minutes).
10. Add the black, kidney and cannellini beans and adjust heat the medium-low, stirring.
11. Add another dash of salt and pepper.
12. Cook the soup uncovered, stirring regularly, for 15 minutes. Then, cover the soup and turn the burner off and let sit for another 5-10 minutes to develop full flavor.
Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top with a glass of Edna Valley Chardonnay!