Sweet Potatoes with Honey and Fresh Ricotta
Pairs well with: Edna Valley Vineyard Winemaker Series Heritage Chardonnay
- 8 medium sweet potatoes, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh ricotta
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup chopped chives
1. Line sheet trays with foil and place in oven, preheat oven to 375°.
2. Cut sweet potatoes lengthwise into quarters, toss with olive oil.
3. Mix salt, pepper and spices together and season potatoes, you might not use all of the spice mixture.
4. When oven is hot, carefully remove sheet trays from oven and add potatoes to hot tray in one even layer, place back in oven. Flip potatoes every 8-10 minutes for even browning, for a total of 25 minutes depending on size of potatoes. Potatoes are done when a knife is inserted easily into flesh.
5. Arrange potatoes on serving dish, add small scoops of ricotta, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with chives.