- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 avocados, halved and pitted (NOT peeled)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 16 small mozzarella balls
- ½ cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- pre-made balsamic glaze, for drizzling
1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Refrigerate for 20 minutes, letting the flavors develop.
2. Meanwhile, get all of your ingredients cut, chopped and prepared. Preheat the grill to medium-low heat.
3. Once garlic oil has sat for 20 minutes, brush faces of avocado halves with garlic oil mixture. Sprinkle with extra salt and pepper. Put avocadoes face-down on clean and oiled grill.
4. While avocadoes are on grill, add mozzarella and tomatoes to the bowl of garlic oil. Gently toss.
5. Remove avocadoes from grill (should only take about 5 minutes, until char marks visible on avocadoes) and arrange on serving platter.
6. Assemble salads by drizzling balsamic glaze over each avocado, stuffing center (where pit was removed) with tomato and mozzarella and garlic oil mixture, topping with basil and finishing with salt and pepper. Serve with Edna Valley Pinot Grigio.