- Serving Size: Serves 4-6
- 6 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- dash cumin
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup toasted pumpkin seeds (garnish)
- ½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, until lightly browned and translucent. Add squash, pumpkin puree, broth, apple juice, honey, allspice, cinnamon, cumin, salt and pepper to pot. Stir and let cook for about 20 minutes, until squash is soft and cooked through.
2. Pour contents of pot into food processor and pulse until smooth. Transfer smooth mixture back into pot, over medium heat. Stir in heavy whipping cream. Taste and adjust seasoning to your taste buds.
3. Serve in soup bowls with pumpkin seeds as garnish, with Edna Valley Pinot Grigio! Cheers.