- Serving Size: Serves 4
- 1 2/3 lbs. lean ground beef
- 6 ounces cubed cheddar cheese
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cloves roasted garlic
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- whole wheat or sesame buns, lightly toasted
- lettuce, tomato and red onion (optional)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Peel 4 garlic cloves and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Wrap cloves in aluminum foil and place in the center of a baking sheet. Roast garlic in oven for about 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and cubed cheddar. Be careful to not over mix, but just gently mix with your hands until just combined.
4. Heat a clean grill to medium.
5. When garlic cloves are soft to the touch, remove from oven and smash with a fork into a paste. Add the garlic paste to the beef mixture.
6. Form 4 patties from the beef mixture. When grill is hot, cook the burger patties to desired wellness. We recommend medium for best flavor. Cooking time will depend on your grill.
7. Serve between your favorite type of bun with your favorite fixings and Edna Valley Pinot Noir. It’s a summer favorite!