- 4 (6 ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 pound asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 lemon slices
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
1. Cut four sheets of aluminum foil about 14-inch long.
2. Divide asparagus into 4 equal portions (about 8 spears per foil packet) and layer in center of each length of foil.
3. In a small bowl stir together oil with garlic. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of the oil over portion of asparagus then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Rinse salmon and allow excess water to run off, then season bottom of each fillet with salt and pepper. Layer fillets over asparagus.
5. Drizzle top of each salmon fillet with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil mixture and season top with salt and pepper to taste. Top each with about 1 sprig rosemary and 2 lemon slices. Wrap sides of foil inward over salmon then fold in top and bottom of foil to enclose.
6. Place foil pouches on over or over open fire and cook until salmon flakes easily when poked with a fork.