Red Wine Marinated Grilled Steak Skewers
Pairs well with: Edna Valley Vineyard Central Coast Sauvignon Blanc
- 2-3 steaks (whichever cut you like best), cubed
- 2-3 red bell peppers cut into large chunks
- 16 ounces button mushrooms, whole
- 1 large white onion, peeled and cut into chunks (similar in size to bell peppers)
- Olive oil, salt and pepper for brushing on veggies if desired
- ½ cup Edna Valley Merlot
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed (equal to 2-3 teaspoons powdered garlic)
1. Combine all ingredients for marinade together in glass dish that is big enough for your cubed steak and shallow enough to allow entire steak cube to be coated beneath marinade.
2. Let steak cubes marinate in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
3. While steak is marinating, soak wooden skewers in water for a couple of hours (this keeps them from charring when put on the grill).
4. Assemble skewers, alternating between steak, peppers, onions and mushrooms.
5. Heat grill to medium-high.
6. Brush skewered veggies with olive oil, salt and pepper.
7. Put skewers on heated grill, turning 45 degrees every 5 minutes to ensure grill marks and doneness of all meat and veggies.