- 3 large heirloom tomatoes
- 6 ounces spring mix salad
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup fresh basil, torn
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- 2 ounces feta, crumbled (optional)
1. Heat small pan over medium heat. Add minced garlic and toss until lightly browned.
2. Prepare vinaigrette by whisking together, oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar, oregano, browned garlic and Dijon. Set aside in refrigerator until ready to serve.
3. Prepare salad by slicing heirlooms into ¼-inch thick slices. Pile spring mix lettuce on large serving plate. Arrange sliced tomatoes slightly overlapping until plate is covered. Sprinkle red onion and feta over top. Drizzle with chilled vinaigrette and serve with Edna Valley Pinot Grigio!