- Serving Size: Serves 6
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
1. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together oil, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon zest and juice, parsley and honey.
2. Put cleaned shrimp in a gallon-size zip bag with marinade from the mixing bowl. Squeeze air out of the bag as you zip it shut and lay bag flat horizontally in refrigerator, so shrimp is sitting in the marinade. Marinate for an hour.
3. Soak 6-10 wooden skewers in a dish of water. This will help prevent them from charring on the grill.
4. After shrimp has marinated for long enough, preheat clean grill to low setting and spray grill with nonstick spray.
5. While grill is heating, put all shrimp on the wooden skewers. Leave leftover marinade in the bag.
6. Grill skewers, basting with the leftover marinade while on the grill. They cook quickly so do not leave the grill. Flip skewers after a few minutes and baste with remaining marinade. They will curl up and be opaque pink when cooked through.
7. Remove from grill. Serve over wild rice pilaf with a fresh lemon wedge and Edna Valley Chardonnay for a delicious match.