- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled and cut into small chunks, pulp and seeds removed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 stick butter (4 tablespoons), melted
- Pinch of salt
- 3 dashes black pepper
- Some parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a salad bowl, toss the butternut squash cubes with the garlic, melted butter, salt, pepper, and parsley leaves.
3. Transfer the butternut squash to a baking sheet. Spread it out in an even, single layer (no overlap) and roast for about 40 minutes, or until the surface becomes light brown and the flesh is tender and soft.
4. Turn off the heat, remove from oven and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top of the squash.
5. Put it back into the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese melted. Serve immediately.