- Serving Size: Makes about 30
- 1 full baguette, sliced into ¼-inch thick rounds
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 8-ounce jar fig preserves (specialty food and wine stores carry this)
- 1 15-ounce brie cheese wheel, sliced into ½ ounce (1/4-inch thick) slices
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 15 dried whole figs, halved (garnish, optional)
1. Place oven rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Put olive oil into small mixing bowl. Use a basting brush to brush oil onto both sides of each baguette slice. Place slices evenly apart on baking sheet.
3. Bake for 3 minutes (until lightly golden) then flip slices over using tongs. Repeat for another 3 minutes.
4. Place 1 slice of brie on each baguette slice and return to oven for 1-2 minutes to partially melt the cheese. Remove from oven.
5. Top crostini with a dab of fig preserves a few almond slivers and half a dried fig. Arrange crostini on serving plate and enjoy around the tree with Edna Valley Cabernet Sauvignon!