- 1 ¼ cups warm water
- 2 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 3 ½ cups flour
1. Add warm water to a small bowl with active dry yeast. This activates (proofs) yeast by dissolving the yeast.
2. Let stand for about 5 minutes.
3. Mixture should turn foamy. (If it doesn’t turn foamy, restart with new yeast and water.)
4. Put activated yeast mixture, extra virgin olive oil, salt and flour into bowl of a stand mixer.
5. Attach dough hook to mixer and mix on low until ingredients are combined and dough is formed in a ball.
6. If the dough seems too wet or tacky in texture, add more flour a pinch at a time until dough feels soft and smooth.
7. Once desired consistency/texture is reached, let mixer continue to knead the dough for 5-8 minutes, until ball of dough has elasticity (when poked with finger, the dough should rise back up filling in the indentation).
8. Remove mixing bowl from mixer and cover the bowl (with dough ball inside) with a warm damp towel.
9. Let covered bowl sit on counter for one hour. (Make sure room is not overly air conditioned or cold.)
10. Divide risen dough into two equal portions for two pizzas. Roll out dough and begin your pizza!
(*Note: You can store dough in non-air tight container in the refrigerator for 2 days.)