- 3 ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch-thick slices
- 1 Vidalia or other sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
1. To prepare the salad, alternate tomato and onion slices on a platter. Sprinkle with salt and top with mint and chives.
2. To prepare the vinaigrette, combine oil, vinegar, mustard, and garlic in a jar. Cover tightly and shake vigorously until the mixture emulsifies. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and serve at room temperature.