- Serving Size: Serves 10
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into ¼-inch rounds
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 orange, juiced and zested
- 1/3 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Grease 9x13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray or butter.
3. In a large mixing bowl, toss sweet potato slices in melted butter.
4. Layer sweet potato slices in the bottom of the greased pan. Sprinkle with ½ of the brown sugar. Repeat with another layer of sweet potato slices and the remaining brown sugar.
5. Evenly sprinkle dried cranberries over the sweet potatoes. Sprinkle the orange zest over the cranberries.
6. Pour the orange juice over the top of the casserole. Cover the casserole with chopped pecans.
7. Cover baking pan with aluminum foil and bake for 50 minutes, until sweet potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and bake uncovered for a final 5 minutes.
8. Serve on Thanksgiving with Edna Valley Pinot Noir!