- 4 cups mashed russet potatoes (prepare with butter and salt as you would normally prepare mashed potatoes)
- 6 medium-large eggs
- 1 cup Mild or Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded (whichever you prefer, sharp gives a nice intense flavor)
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup crispy bacon, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ cup white onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Grease 2 nonstick muffin pans (24 total muffins).
3. In a small pan, heat the tablespoon of butter and chopped white onions over medium heat.
4. Cook onions until translucent and fragrant, stirring regularly.
5. In a large mixing bowl, combine mashed potatoes, 6 eggs, cheddar and gruyere cheeses, bacon crumbles, freshly ground black pepper, garlic powder and cooked onions.
6. Spoon the potato mixture into the muffin pan cups, dividing mixture equally into the 24 cups.
7. Top each muffin with parmesan cheese.
8. Bake for about 30 minutes or until tops are lightly browned and crispy.
9. Serve with a side of sour cream for dipping if you’d like!
10. Serve with Edna Valley Chardonnay at your next holiday party!