- Serving Size: Serves 10
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbs. fresh orange juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 habanero chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large Florida avocado or 2 medium Hass avocados, sliced 1/4 inch thick lengthwise, then cut crosswise into halves or thirds
- 1 small pineapple (about 2-1/2 lb.), peeled, quartered, cored, and sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
1. Whisk the oil, lime and orange juices, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper in a medium bowl. Add the onion and habanero and toss. Set aside at least 10 minutes and up to 45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, shingle the pineapple and avocado on a very large flat platter or 2 smaller platters. Using a fork, scoop the onion slices out of the vinaigrette and scatter them over the avocado and pineapple. Drizzle the remaining vinaigrette over the entire platter. Season with a little salt and serve within 1 hour.
- Julissa Roberts for Fine Cooking