- Serving Size: Serves 4
- 4 Rome or Golden Delicious apples
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup slivered almonds
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Core apples, leaving the bottoms intact.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, allspice, cinnamon, raisins and almonds. Add a quarter of the mixture to each apple. Put a quarter tablespoon of butter on top of each apple’s filling.
4. Boil 1 cup of water and pour the boiling water into the bottom of a glass baking dish. Arrange apples in water and bake for 30-45 minutes or until softened and bubbly. Serve with ice cream and Edna Valley Pinot Noir on a chilly autumn evening! Cheers!