- 1 pound green asparagus, trimmed and cut
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, divided
- 5-ounce package mixed salad greens
1. Cook the asparagus with 2 teaspoons of salt in boiling water for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse asparagus under cold water.
2. Combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt, shallots, and the next 4 ingredients (through the pepper) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until the mixture emulsifies. Stir in 1/4 cup of the gorgonzola cheese.
3. Combine the asparagus and greens in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.