- Serving Size: Serves 4
- 6 cups mixed greens
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/3 cup walnut halves, chopped
- 2 granny smith apples, cored and sliced
- CIDER VINAIGRETTE:
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey (or agave)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a container with lid, combine all ingredients for vinaigrette. Whisk until well-blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. To prepare salad, toss mixed greens in a large serving bowl with some of the vinaigrette, using tongs. Assemble by placing apple slices, slightly overlapping, on half of the salad along perimeter of bowl.
3. Evenly sprinkle blue cheese crumbles and walnuts across the top of the mixed greens. Serve with Edna Valley Pinot Grigio this Autumn!