- 12 ounces pasta (we love whole wheat penne)
- ½ cup fresh sage, stemmed and chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, stemmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin purée (canned)
- 1 cup chicken broth (can substitute vegetable broth)
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 3 tablespoons half and half
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook pasta, drain and set aside.
2. While pasta is cooking, put olive oil in skillet and heat on medium-low.
3. Add green onions, minced garlic, sage and rosemary to skillets and stir. Cook for 12 minutes, or until onions and garlic are slightly browned.
4. Add pumpkin purée, spices and broth to skillet. Stir well over heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
5. When sauce is heated throughout, remove skillet and finish sauce with half and half. Stir in until combined.
6. Pour sauce over pasta and add Parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Enjoy with Edna Valley Chardonnay.