- Easy homemade pizza dough from Edna Valley website recipes (1/2 portion, the recipes makes dough for 2 pizzas)
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- ¼-1/3 pound Prosciutto, thinly sliced (can use bacon instead, if desired)
- 1/3 pound fresh Ricotta cheese
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, pulled into small bite-size pieces (for easy melting)
- 16-20 ounces sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes (if you like a spicy finish)
- Flour, for working surface so dough will not stick
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Flour working surface and roll out pizza dough with rolling pin to desired shape. Dough should be approximately ¼ inch thick.
3. Transfer rolled out dough to non-stick pizza pan or baking sheet.
4. Use a basting brush to coat top of pizza dough with olive oil.
5. Spread Ricotta and Mozzarella cheese evenly across pizza dough.
6. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly across cheese covered pizza.
7. Place prosciutto across pizza and cheese evenly.
8. Place sliced mushrooms evenly across pizza.
9. Sprinkle salt and pepper across pizza again, to taste.
10. Put pizza in preheated oven until cheese is completely melted and bubbly.
11. Remove pizza and pile arugula over entire pizza, letting residual heat slightly wilt the leaves.
12. Finish with red pepper flakes, if desired.
13. Enjoy with Edna Valley Chardonnay.