Deviled Eggs with Smoked Salmon and Herbs
Pairs well with: Edna Valley Vineyard Central Coast Sauvignon Blanc
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces cold-smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 16 small dill sprigs (optional)
- 16 small tarragon sprigs (optional)
1. Place eggs in a large saucepan. Cover with enough cool water to top eggs by 1 inch; bring just to a rolling boil then remove from heat. Cover and let stand 15 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold running water until cool.
2. Peel eggs; cut in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a medium bowl; mash with a fork until smooth.
3. Add sour cream and next 7 ingredients (through the salmon); stir well to incorporate. Spoon mixture into egg white halves–about 1 tablespoon in each half.
4. Garnish with dill and tarragon sprigs, if desired.