- 3 medium red potatoes, peeled
- 1 or 2 tablespoons oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Garlic, to taste
- Herbs of your choice such as basil, oregano, etc., finely chopped (optional)
- 1 package of bacon
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Cut the potatoes in 1/8-inch thick round slices. In a pot of boiling water, cook the potato slices for 3-5 minutes. Drain well and combine with oil, salt, pepper, garlic and herbs (if using) in a large bowl.
3. Place potato slices on prepared baking sheet in one layer. Bake for about 15 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
4. Gently remove the chips and place on a cooling rack or on parchment paper; let them cool for a few minutes then add the bacon and serve.
1. Take the bacon out of the fridge about five minutes before you’re ready to begin cooking to bring the fat back to its natural state, making it more suitable for frying.
2. Arrange bacon in a single layer in a cold frying pan, preferably cast iron. If you add bacon to a hot pan, you run the risk of scorching it. Cook over medium-high heat until crisp and golden, flipping once. Once you have cooked both sides, remove the bacon from the pan.
3. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to collect the excess grease. Chop the bacon into bits, add to the chips, and serve.