- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 5-ounce package of fresh baby arugula
- 4 quarts water
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp, cut in half horizontally
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shaved Romano cheese
1. Combine 2 teaspoons garlic, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and arugula in a large bowl and toss well.
2. Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Add pasta and cook for 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Add hot pasta to arugula mixture and toss well until the arugula wilts.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, shallots and the remaining teaspoon of garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; sauté 1 minute or until shrimp are done and have turned pink. Remove shrimp from pan.
4. Add broth and juice to pan, scraping the pan to loosen browned bits; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Return shrimp to the pan. Remove from heat, then stir in butter.
5. Arrange 1 1/2 cups pasta on each of 4 plates. Spoon 1/3 cup of the shrimp mixture over each serving. Garnish each serving with 2 tablespoons of cheese.