Creamy Lemon Chicken Piccata
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Heat 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. (If the chicken breasts are very thick, use a meat mallet to pound them out to be thinner. This will shorten the cooking time.) Salt and pepper each side of the chicken breasts and dredge in the flour. Put the chicken breasts in the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes per side, or until it is cooked through and no longer pink. Remove from the skillet and set aside on a plate.
2. Add broth, lemon juice, heavy cream, and capers to the pan. Bring the sauce to a boil and return to medium-low heat. Test the sauce and season with salt and pepper as needed. Allow the sauce to cook and bubble for about 3 minutes.
3. Serve the chicken on warm plates and spoon the sauce over the pieces. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.