- 1 cup yellow popping corn kernels
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese (freshly grated is best!)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon basil, dry
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil (for coating pot to pop kernels)
- *Optional: Add finely chopped sundried tomatoes for an extra Italian savory touch!
1. Add vegetable oil to large pot, cover with lid and heat over medium heat on the stove.
2. Wait approximately 1 minute, then add 2 kernels to the pot to test the heat of the pot. If they pop immediately when added, add the remaining kernels to your pot and cover with lid.
3. Turn the stove to low heat and leave the pot with kernels covered on burner until popping slows down.
4. Remove from heat and put popcorn in large mixing bowl.
5. Combine garlic salt, garlic powder and basil in small bowl until mixed well.
6. Add butter to popcorn and coat evenly.
7. Add dry spice mixture prepared above to buttered popcorn and mix well until evenly coated.
8. Lastly, add Parmesan cheese to popcorn and toss until evenly coated and slightly melted from residual heat of popcorn.
9. Enjoy with a glass of Edna Valley Chardonnay.